Saturday, June 2, 2012

Blog Birthday



Welcome Readers

Today, June 2, 2012 is the official birthday of ‘Everything’s Connected – No Exceptions.’  While I’ve been posting for over a month now and have invited some of my writing sisters to have a peek, today my writing becomes ‘public’ – available to larger audiences.


A ‘GreatGranddaughter’ led me to blogging.  This piece, posted on April 28, 2012 let me know she wanted an audience.  I argued with her.  I couldn’t imagine where she could be seen.  She is a bit of an inside story, too lean to make sense to many.  Still there was power in the words and in the way something so seemingly insignificant resonates with the deeply personal and the societal and universal.  I don’t know if I am the great granddaughter being informed or if I’m writing to my great granddaughter.


In retrospect it was about the time of the great granddaughter dream that I began to live my life more by signs and less by intellect.  It was then I realized that my left brain wasn’t (despite what others told me) necessarily my right mind.  I believe something changes in the relationship between the two parts of our brains as we age. The parts seem to work cooperatively more often.  Either/or thinking begins morph into both/and. We are certainly living in a time that could benefit from more whole brain thinking.

We do damage to the entire human family when we make decisions that serve certain individuals but not the whole.  Evolutionary thinking is whole brain thinking.  It’s body/mind/spirit thinking.  It is the art of immersing ourselves so thoroughly in the idea of oneness that the creations, the visions, the solutions we offer the world are clearly in service to the whole human family.                    Jan Philips, No Ordinary Time

In sharing my unfolding story and experiences, I hope to inform myself, to invite more signs into my life and to engage in dialog with you, dear readers.  Whole brain thinking thrives on cross pollination.  When you read my words, what words, images, ideas or stories arise in you?   I would love to hear them.  I will write back.

When I follow the thread I find in my own life it leads me to an individual story. When we begin weaving the threads of our individual stories and dreams together what might emerge? What are the myriad of ways in which we are connected?  What connections want to be seen on these pages?  What is the story wanting to emerge from our interconnections? It will be fascinating to see what emerges.

Thanks for coming to the birthday party!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to this wonderful and timely blog! May this be a place for the colorful and diverse fibers of the emergent and growing story to weave together here!

    I am very interested in how personal ancestral energy (both conscious and unconscious) informs our waking (and sleeping) moments for ourselves AND for our community. An example of this: I recently proposed and engaged in a potent ritual with a friend to support her through the day of her divorce finalization. We were both astutely aware of entering "time out of time" in this sacred space; and in the following week I reconnected with some remembrances in my ancestral story that, although familiar to me from previous work, suddenly took on an even deeper dimension of understanding and integration. Contributing to and bearing witness to my friend's process became a vibration that rippled through my own web!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. “Contributing to and bearing witness to my friend's process became a vibration that rippled through my own web!” I think this is because there is only one web! When we bear witness or allow ourselves to be deeply touched by another’s authentic story we are transformed. The healing affects of these kinds of soul encounters travels throughout the web. Thank you for sharing your story. Thank you for your healing work.

      Delete
  2. Happy blogging birthday, Angela! Most thought-provoking - following on and planning my own blogging birthday soon. I really enjoyed learning and experimenting with you, and the group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Pat. I look forward to receiving an invitation to your blog soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back in Ireland to help my frail 90 year old mother through a health crisis this month, I came face to face with my ancestors and with death. Mum was 12 hours from death by dehydration (in her 'care' home) when I arrived. The day before I left, a day around Dublin brought me to St Michin's where I touched the hand of a mummified warrior of the third crusade and to the National Museum, where my ancestral burial mound, the Mound of Niall of the Nine Hostages, showed its burnt remains and where four bog-preserved men revealed the power of water in whole new ways. Water, fire, the Earth of the body and the death, birth and renewal of those in whose line we swim, became real. Yesterday on my return I confirmed a journey to Ireland next May for intergenerational and interpeoples healing with Belvie Rooks, my Ghanian-Irish-American sister. At pivotal time we are all re-birthing. We need to share place and story and the depths of body memory. Thank you Angela. Your blog called forth resonnant images and tears, the watery source that connects us all arising. Beannachtai, Eimear

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eimear, thank you for sharing the stories of your mother and of you face to face encounter with your ancestors. Our ancestors are a part of our cells in the same way the elementals and stardust are. As I wrote in 'Great Granddaughter' (posted May 18, 2012), my body holds a memory of sexual trauma. I have no conscious memory of suffering such trauma personally, but sexual trauma exists in my family lineage. Rather than explain it by inventing a memory or deny it because I don’t remember. I let the body memory carry me to the places where it connects to other experiences, my own, my mother’s, women in our culture, women in Ethiopia. This is healing personally, in both directions of my blood line and to the body of the Goddess. Thank you for sharing another image of what healing looks like, and for making a soul connection here. Thank you also for introducing me to Belvie Rooks. A search led me to http://growingaglobalheart.weebly.com/ an organization founded by Belvie and her husband and to a very moving podcast called Slavery to Stardust. Is the intergenerational, interpeople journey next May open to others? Beannachtai, beloved sister.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy BlogBirthday!! Left brain isn't your right mind?? Just makes me want to eat cake -- I'm excited about your blog -- sorry I missed the birthday cake....that is a beauty!! Birthday cake, dreams, aging, connections....it's Heaven!! Love, Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Joanna. Living life by following dreams and signs is heaven. The only cake was virtual, so you didn't miss a thing. Love to hear some of your stories about dreams, aging and connections. I am sure they will resonate with other readers. We have such a rich history of sharing dreams. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete